For those that have finally seen the light!
32 posts Page 3 of 4
FlowerW.jpg
FlowerW.jpg (143.07 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

ACR except a tad of levels and resizing in PSE.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Wow,

Great work, but love Suzis take on the selective colour on the berry picture.

Michel - also your last version of the fall flower - good close crop and treatment.

Now, gotta get to work on a few more of my own, but first a question.

I normally don't sharpen images unless planning on printing them or displaying a really large version on my screen. I never sharpen for the challenge pictures, because of the small size and resolution available.

Do any of you notice a difference when you sharpen for these web display images?

Now, off to do a few of my own!
John
jlwilm wrote: Wow,

I normally don't sharpen images unless planning on printing them or displaying a really large version on my screen. I never sharpen for the challenge pictures, because of the small size and resolution available.

Do any of you notice a difference when you sharpen for these web display images?

I think the small size requires some sharpening. Since the result will vary depending on everybody's display, I resize using bi-cubic sharper.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
John, I also sharpen, no matter what. It is a habit I got into and is now second nature to me.
O.K.

Here is my take on the berry image - negative clarity, a little vignetting and some tweaks with the vibrance and saturation.

Berrys-1.jpg
Berrys-1.jpg (148.48 KiB) Viewed 1081 times

and the flower image - converted to grayscale, then used the Lr Tonecurve panel to punch up the contrast - used the eyedropper feature, finally, cropped to 16:9 aspect ratio.

Flower-2.jpg
Flower-2.jpg (79.59 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
John
Yippie, i got to play, I duplicated the sky. twice used blend mode linear burn on the first dup, and pinlight on the 2nd one.
RiverTree-copyweb.jpg
RiverTree-copyweb.jpg (72.04 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Judy, looks great,, so glad to see you playing here!!!!
Judy,

Great, I was saving this one to work on last. And, O.K., I cheated.

Used Lr to set exposure for river and sky, then opened as a smart object in CS3.
Next, created a New smart object layer (which allows both pictures to be separately processed in CS3/ACR and tuned it for the tree and grass.
Next, did a Select Colour range to select the river and sky from the river/sky smart object and turned it into a layer mask by leaving the selection active and click Add Layer Mask.

Here is the picture:

RiverTree.jpg
RiverTree.jpg (208.64 KiB) Viewed 1066 times

and here is the layer stack

ScreenShot00101.jpg
ScreenShot00101.jpg (37.96 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
John
thanks suzi, i have pse4 so i am a little more limited but i am off for the holiday and LOVE this picture. John fantastic job.
Please join us more often, Judy!!
32 posts Page 3 of 4