For those that have finally seen the light!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
O.K., Here it is:

ACR56.jpg
ACR56.jpg (146.73 KiB) Viewed 1471 times

The Rules:
1. Lr Rule 5 - Enjoy

2. The Usual stuff:

All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter. You can make some MINOR changes in PSE/CS3 if you want. If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe your workflow. [Or not, but fess up and tell us what you did.]

Now,

The Link - http://www.4shared.com/dir/14749099/8500ee03/ACR56.html
John
So, this is the first one - shot last year in Drumheller, Alberta - Canada's Badlands. Temperature that day 38Celsius and bone dry!

drumheller-1.jpg
drumheller-1.jpg (201.11 KiB) Viewed 1459 times

Did a whole binch of basic adjustments, but most of the change is from increasing the saturation in Orange, Yellow and Green.
John
Sliders and targeted adjustments on these. Great pictures!
REDFlower.jpg
REDFlower.jpg (95.88 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
Lake.jpg
Lake.jpg (70.67 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
Drumheller.jpg
Drumheller.jpg (112.69 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Here's my submissions

Attachments

Nice shots, John. I must fess up on the first one I cheated added a touch of topaz adjust to it. Second one, 2 presets, rags 11 and focus BL-land

Lake-Edit.jpg
Lake-Edit.jpg (144.21 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

REDFlower-Edit.jpg
REDFlower-Edit.jpg (108.68 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
Sunny,

Nice work, especially the flower. The Drumheller scene actually looked very much like what you show, it is purely my "look" at it that brought out the strong browns and reds.

The lake scene is from Lake Louise/Lake Morain in the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, Canada.
John
smiles,

Yeah, good stuff. The flower holds up well as a B&W. Should try that myself, maybe with a split tone - hmnn.
John
Suzi,

Noce work on the lake. The lake is a glacial one so the strong blue/aqua colour is for real!

Like your slant on the flower - looks like nightfall.

Keep em coming!
John
ANd now for my second, the lake view. Would have liked to get the shot without the information board at the right, but cloning is the way to solve that.

So, here is my lake, all in Lr and using the local adjustment brush for the sky and a little selective saturation on the rocks.

lake-1.jpg
lake-1.jpg (186.47 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
John
John, I thought about the split toning on the flower also. Thank you so much :thanks:
15 posts Page 1 of 2