For those that have finally seen the light!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Sorry, this is so late but there has been some debate as to whether to continue this challenge. This is due to the lack of participation and interest.
I am only posting one image, it is in serious need of help. Am posting the jpeg and raw for you to play with. There are no rules for this one after you get the best you can from ACR or LR. Use whatever program you want to get the best image possible. Please post what you did to improve this image.
Most of all have fun with it.

Image, below this are the links for the two files.

misty.jpg
misty.jpg (61.27 KiB) Viewed 4811 times

jpeg:
http://www.4shared.com/file/104185989/4 ... _6615.html

raw:
http://www.4shared.com/file/104185387/a ... _6615.html
IMG_6615W_edited-1.jpg
IMG_6615W_edited-1.jpg (211.4 KiB) Viewed 4812 times

the settings (only ACR)
settings-1.jpg
settings-1.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 4812 times

I hope all goes well for Misty after this medecine...
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
And now, from the jpeg:
Levels, a tad of shadows/highlight to lighten shadows in PSE6.

You can all save Misty :cheer2:

Attachments

Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Great job, Michel. Fortunately, the bottle was empty, I was giving Rusty (another dog) his eyedrops and she stole the bottle. It was so cute I had to take a shot but forgot all my setting were off hence the dark image.
Suzi,

Nice picture - a caption is required - "Who? Me?"

Tried the "Vanilla" approach with this - used the Auto Tone button as a starting point.

Here is the recipe:

ScreenShot00108.jpg
ScreenShot00108.jpg (37.26 KiB) Viewed 4784 times

and the result.

IMG_6615.jpg
IMG_6615.jpg (156.17 KiB) Viewed 4785 times
John
Good job, John. I just love this photo for some reason and glad to see it being saved.
Suzi,
It's amazing how we can 'push' the exposure by 4 stops... (not quite sure it is the exact equivalent of lens stops, but that should not be very far). That is a demonstration of the very high quality (noise and dynamic range) of your camera. What I would not have expected is the quality you can get from the jpeg. I still think you can squeeze more details out of shadows and have better colorcontrol with raw, but jpeg shooters should not feel frustrated, they can get great results.
IMG_6615W2.jpg
IMG_6615W2.jpg (188.62 KiB) Viewed 4762 times

Noise controlled both in ACR and PSE6 in this crop.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Suzi,
What an adorable dog - I just love her!
When I saw the untouched image, I was anxious to see what it was all about. I worked on the jpeg in CS3's ACR before I saw Michel's. Since my results are about the same as Michels, I didn't post it. (My settings were very similar.)
I agree that you have a terrific camera. Had that file been from my camera, the results would have been useless because of artifact. I'm happy to say I'm upgrading to a better P&S.
This exercise shows how powerful/wonderful ACR is when you have a file from a good camera.
(Sooner or later, I hope to have ACR 5.2 /CS4. The demos of it are so impressive.)
BTW if the ACR/LR challenge is discontinued, it would be fun to try something like a "problem photo" challenge, maybe to include old photos needing restoration/recovery. Everyone seemed to like working on Deb & her husband's photo -(the gentleman who passed away). However, that particular photo didn't need much - just personalizing to Deb's wishes. The thread was very interesting.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
bjt wrote: Suzi,
BTW if the ACR/LR challenge is discontinued, it would be fun to try something like a "problem photo" challenge, maybe to include old photos needing restoration/recovery. Everyone seemed to like working on Deb & her husband's photo -(the gentleman who passed away). However, that particular photo didn't need much - just personalizing to Deb's wishes. The thread was very interesting.

Great minds come to the same conclusions... That was exactly Suzi's proposal to John and me. We did not want to influence forum members before asking for proposals for new themes for challenges or 'home works'. So, if anybody has a good suggestion... Suzi's choice was excellent and showed an example of what we could do in the future.

About Deb's post: this picture was loaded with feelings and emotions, and everybody tried to comply to her wishes. We could have argued about many technical aspects, such as skin color correction, slimming figures etc. but that was not the intent of the post.

I
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Suzi,

Love this picture – how cute can you get?

More home made vanilla.

Opened in CS3, (I had deleted the XMP file, so all defaults), duplicated the background layer and changed blend mode to Screen. Duplicated that layer 4 more times (so 5 layers with screen), selected all layers and did a Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E to merge all selected layers into s single layer, Levels adjustment layer for midtones, used a little noise reduction and then a little unsharp mask.

Get pretty much the same image, but lots easier in ACR.

IMG_6615v2.jpg
IMG_6615v2.jpg (169.16 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
John
15 posts Page 1 of 2