For those that have finally seen the light!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
One of the things I've discovered with LR is the ability to be able to produce images with a mix of Colour and B&W. Of course you need to be selective with the image you're doing with this and some shots of flowers can work very well.

In the Develop Module, using the HSL/Saturation/Greyscale section, you choose the Saturation section. Then using the overall saturation slider - the radio type button at the top left - drag this on the colours in the image you want to de-saturate. There are actually 8 'channels' that this slider works on so the effects can be quite good.

Here's an example.....

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pictu ... aR2hHKPLc7

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pictu ... dC7aw7ABp1

Colin
That worked out better than I would have thought. But then, I guess you have to have a very distinct separation in the foreground and background colors in order to get the effect you got there. I've been using those sliders for adjusting saturation of individual colors rather than the overall saturation adjustments. They are very good for getting a specific color to pop when you want it to. Or to tone down a color that may be overpowering the shot. :mrgreen:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Yes, you have to be very careful of the image contents when trying this. That's why it often works with flowers - especially toning down the green backgrounds.

The Vibrance control is another one that I like.

Colin

LR Selectve color - before.jpg
Before....
LR Selectve color - before.jpg (97.87 KiB) Viewed 1659 times

LR Selectve color - after.jpg
After....with a little extra contrast added.
LR Selectve color - after.jpg (84.43 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Really nice Gene. Making me think that I should change my mind about lightroom.
Gene....

How do you get the images to appear in the post?

Colin

If you look below the text box when doing a reply, you'll see two blue tabs. The one you want for that is Upload Attachments. Once uploaded there is an option to "Place inline" which loads the link code for the picture into the text box. With this you can place the picture pretty much anywhere you want. If you don't use the inline option, the picture will appear below with the white border around it. And, Pixentral links work here just like they did in the PET forum.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Thanks Gene.....

Let's see if it works!

Didn't work first time - invalid file. Maybe it was too large. OK works now it's smaller.

_MG_9663.jpg
_MG_9663.jpg (188.72 KiB) Viewed 1602 times