For those that have finally seen the light!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
OK......I was getting tired of having to deal strictly with RAW all the time, converting, etc. when in a lot of cases I wasn't doing a lot of touch up on them, so I shot RAW + JPG today. When I am looking at vertical shots in the Develop module of the JPG files, it is stretching them out horizontally and distorting them. If I send them to PSE, they look fine, and when I resave back to LR as PSD's they are fine. My other JPGs converted from PSD's are fine. My camera is set to orient vertical images properly, and my RAW files import as they were shot - I have never had to rotate them in LR. But this is driving me nuts, because it looks like I will not be able to use JPGs straight from my camera. :help:

Has anyone ever seen this before? So far I have not found anything like a cure.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, I don't have Lightroom so I have no clue.

Why don't you go to the appropriate Adobe forum and pose your Q. If you goto http://www.adobe.com and blunder around you will eventually end up here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom

You will have to 'register' with a screenname and password to post.

I was experiencing an equally weird problem with PSE7 and went to the Elements Forum and asked for "any ideas". Within an hour somebody posted the solution. And..... it was a really bizarre solution that, on the surface had absolutely nothing to do with my problem.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Rusty....it would be worth a try, for sure. But, I have figured out a work-around for now. After importing the pictures (RAW and JPG) in to one folder, I sort them by file extension then select all the JPGs. I then export them to another folder I call SOOC JPG and then they are OK in the Develop Module. I guess for some strange reason my LR was not picking up some of the metadata from the camera and doing its own thing with them. I went through all my camera and LR settings and couldn't find anything that accounted for what was happening. I even did a repair install of LR, which did not help. I guess the extra step of exporting the newly imported JPGs allows LR to tag them with the correct settings. Now I'm not even having to rotate them.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
3 posts Page 1 of 1