For those that have finally seen the light!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
LR 2.4 every time I open LR some folders show the ? indicating that some pictures are missing. I proceed to locate the pictures and when I open LR some other day again some other pictures are missing. This is getting in my nerves. is there a reason for this, what in the world Am'I doing wrong? :thanks:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Don,

Good to see you hanging out around here again!

Never had that happen to me, but when it does to you and you go hunting, where are they? The reason I ask, is Lr like Elements Organizer is a database driven system, and like Organizer, if you move folders around in Windows Explorer (Move, Rename,?) it gets lost to Lr.

If you are finding them in the same spot - it is something else (weird stuff).
John
Interesting.....I have not had any problems like that either, unless I did something outside of LR. But my experience to date with the LR database compared to PSE's Organizer is that it is way more stable. I had stopped using the Organizer long before LR came out.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Don Diego, I am so glad to see you back!!! Are you feeling better
Don,

I have another possibility for you to consider. I have an older friend I am trying to help out with Organizer and Elements and he has the equivalent problem that you do. Took a long while to figure out, but found that hi is a "nervous clicker" and tends to use Windows Explorer for some things and because he clicks the mouse and SOMETIMES gives it a click and drags the folder he is trying to open so that it winds up being nested in another folder.

I think you will find that the "lost" files or ? marks will have some standard kind of origin and that will be the key to ending the problem. Hopefully!!
John
nervous clicker, WOW.
it's deja vu all over again.

I had to replace my mouse. Went to a local white-box computer store to get the least expensive one in stock. I guess they all now have four possible "click points": the usual 'left click' and 'right click' on top but now there is a 'side click' on the left side and another one on the right side.

All sorts of terrible things were happening to me. Not only terrible, totally unexpected as well. I started losing files, losing pages, ending up (on the web) at totally unintended places.

Duct Tape to the rescue!!!

I cut some 3x5 cards into thin strips and taped "sides" to my mouse to cover those clickers. Problem solved.

(I'm apparently in the same category as John's "older friend") :rotfl:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty,

Truth be told, I am that nervous clicker also. Got used to it when the internet was in its prime and a link looked like a link. Now, they don't always look like a link and . . . .

I still do it, it is like strumming your fingers for me. :rotfl:
John
For all you "nervous clickers" out there, you might want to give one of these meeses a try:

Labtec Classic Optical Mouse - 1000 DPI Resolution, USB, Optical Tracking, Scroll Wheel, Black It's cheap too, $6.99 on the CompUSA web site.

And this is my current clicker: Microsoft D66-00069 Optical Wheel Mouse - Black It's a bit now at $16.99. I think I bought it on sale at Best Buy a few years ago for about $10.

A right and left button on top, and a scroll wheel between them. I had a fancy one with buttons all over it, which ended up causing my hand and wrist to hurt. So I got rid of it and went back to a plain 'ol simple one.

And NO, I get nothing if you decide to buy one of these. I don't even own any stock in either company, not directly, anyway. My 401K may have some in it, but I don't dig into the funds that deep to know.

I love meese's to pieces!!!! :puter:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
8 posts Page 1 of 1