For those that have finally seen the light!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
A new release of LR3 - LR 3.2 - is now available - bug fixes and some additional Camera Profiles for lens distortion correction. Includes Camera Raw 6.2.

Also new, ACR for CS5 users.
John
John, how do you like the new Lightroom
Suzi,

Like it a lot, but took a while to get used to the Import function. I particularily like the new lens distortion correction feature and the absolutely amazing improvement in noise handling. I haven't used Noise Ninja since getting Lr3 and probably won't - it used to be that NN beat CS3 hands down for Noise Reduction, but not in CS5, not even close.
John
What was so different about the import function?? I still have not upgraded yet as you can tell
It is just a completely different layout, does the same stuff, but they changed the location of the functions in the Library module.

Lr 3 looks like this

John
Hummmmmmm, I might have to upgrade soon
I'll second everything John said above. LR is getting better with each release in its fixes and improvements in its tools. It is also getting much faster than it was. No waiting for things to happen (hardly!) any more.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I second brothers John and Gene sister Susan.
I think this is the best LR version and update ever. But like John stated the new import set up takes a bit to get use to.
I recommend both LR-3 and Photoshop CS-5 for Digital Photographers by Colin Smith learning videos. You can check them out here http://www.photoshopcafe.com I got them on Black Friday at 50% off the LR video and 20% off the CS-5 video and got free shipping. Colin is a first class teacher and I also recomend joining their cafe forum.
Best,
Don Diego
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
8 posts Page 1 of 1