For those that have finally seen the light!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
If you were thinking of getting LR3, it is on sale $100 off now through Aug 20 at B&H. Check it out.

Should have dug a little deeper. Adorama has it on sale also, plus both B&H and Adorama are offer the upgrade version on sale:

http://www.adorama.com/SearchSite/Defau ... =Lightroom

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Nt ... Search=yes

That $79.95 version on Adorama has to be the student version, although the web site is not saying that.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, I have heard many times about LR3. What does it do that CS5 doesn't do? Do you recommend it?
LR3 in a nutshell is RAW processing on steroids (it works on JPG, PSD, and TIFF also). Everything you can do in the ACR portion of CS5 you can do in LR and then some. One of the biggest advantages is that it is much easier to process numerous files in LR than it can be in CS5. If you do a shoot where the conditions are similar on a batch of photos, you can process one of them, then easily apply that processing to the remaining files in the batch. It allows quick editing of numerous files in that way, and individually. It handles presets, and there are plug-ins available that will work with it. Sharpening and noise reduction are also built into it and are quite good overall. If you don't do a lot of the fancy stuff that some do on here, but are more interested in basic processing with the ability to do selective edits using a brush (there are numerous brush style edits that you can apply), LR is a lower cost alternative to CS5. And the learning curve isn't nearly as steep. If you think you are interested in it, download an evaluation copy from Adobe. It will have the full functionality but only be good for 30 days. You can also check out some of the Lightroom sites for some more info:

Adobe Lightroom Design Center

Matt Kloskowski's LR Killer Tips

And there are others, but these are the ones (especially the Killer Tips site) are the ones that I visit the most often. I use LR3 for about 95% of my processing now.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, thanks for the info. I will get it in the morning, at least I'll get the free trial one.
4 posts Page 1 of 1