9 posts Page 1 of 1
Did we have a an August newsletter? I hope Ididn't miss the link to it . Sad if we did not :crying:
Tina B
I don't think so Tina. Kim, did not get enough stuff send in, at least that was what she said last time I spoke to her. I thought with the drawing she would get a ton of stuff!!!!
It's a shame more people don't support the newsletter. I really enjoy it too.
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
I always look forward to the newsletter.

I don't contribute that much because, like I suspect are a lot of people here, question whether I really have anything to offer that others would be interested in. A lot of us probably sell ourselves short that way. I probably routinely do things that I have come to think of as "very ordinary", never dreaming that others might find it interesting and/or something new to learn.

I wonder if it would make sense to have a Newsletter Wish List Thread? Just a thread in the newsletter section with a stickie to keep it up at or near the top. Anybody could post subject(s) of something they wish somebody else would expand and/or explain in a future newsletter. If somebody looking at this ongoing thread sees something they want to take on .... write it up and submit to Kim.

Not sure how we should distinguish between what should be in the newsletter and what should just be a subject thread in the "tutorials section".

Just some thoughts

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, you have a lot to contribute. Every time you come up with something for the challenges are great. Save them for the newsletter all except for the Show Your Imagination challenge. That one you have to say what you did
I feel like Rusty, I love the newsleter just do not know what to send. Iam not really good at writing tuts or anything like that. Maybe we need some lessons on how to write articles for newsletters. I am not sure of the level that most of the forum memebers are at. I don't even post many things in my gallery any more either. I take lots of photos but just have lost some of my interest and need to get it back.
Tina B
I'm with Rusty....I routinely see stuff that I should know how to do but don't. I did finally get the nerve up to ask Rusty this week what painting with light was...but it is little stuff like that. So I am interested in a sticky to let us ask for what we might want. I would love to know how some of you do such great selections. There is a challenge this week with a horse (min maybe started it.....) and then BJ ? I think put wings on it, well you get my hint. There are so many ways to do selection in PSE and I think I have gotten lost on how you all do such GOOD selections......mine always look like the baby that gets selected and looks like a cone head because the selection was done so poorly. :rotfl:
Been busy so haven't been around much. I hate moving. lol Between the move and internet and my work I have been overwelmed and swamped. No, I didn't get enough submission to do a newsletter for September. I do have the winners for the HOF and SOF and will post them as soon as I get a chance to.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Angela, I have worked on several methods of selecting none of which I have been completely satisfied with. I worked on it hoping I could come up with a new tut for it,as you can tell I was not sucessfull. I will be working on again soon.
9 posts Page 1 of 1