15 posts Page 1 of 2

Do we use the new Contest option to vote for HOF and SOF each month?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Use the contest for HOF and SOF
76%
Keep the judging for HOF and SOF the way it with a Secret Tag judge every month.
24%
Total votes : 17

OK, thanks to Spider we can now hold contest. The question is do we want to use this for the HOF and SOF judging Starting in October 1st?

Pros:
1. If we use the contest option we won't have to remember to tag a judge for the following month.
2. Everyone on the forum will get to vote instead of just one person.

Cons:
1. Some images or pages will get overlooked that are posted in challenges only and not in someones gallery. If you do a image or page in a challenge you will have to add it to your gallery and mark it for the contest if you want it considered for HOF or SOF.
2. The newsletter (if we have one the following month) would be delayed a week to 10 days to allow time for voting. (or the HOF and SOF winners could be posted in the next months newsletter)

We would still have the Post Your Images monthly thread for people to see your new submissions that they missed in the rolling gallery.

This poll will be left open for 4 days. If the vote is to use the contest for HOF and SOF I will post it and if you already posted a new image or page in your gallery in October before I start it, you will have to go back into your gallery and add it the contest.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, are you asking for our opinion? If so I really like this idea!
I would like to see it done on a weekly basis, if possible. Image of the week thing and then a vote for the image of the month based on the weekly winners. Anyone else like that idea.
I hope it works out for all of us to be able to vote. That would be fun!
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Suzi, that is a great idea. That would make voting so much easier than a monthly one.

So, if the poll shows to use the contest thread, we will make it a weekly contest and then a monthly pick from the weeks. At this rate I am thinking that I will changing the newsletter to a quarterly (4 times a year).

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
OK, with 59 views on this thread and only 11 votes I think it is time to close this early. Watch the forum for a new contest that will post later today for Image of the Week and Page of the Week. Scrap challenge have been slow lately but hopefully with the cooler weather setting in and people being indoors more this will pick back up.

These will be weekly contest and at the end of the month we will have contest for you to pick the winners for the month from the weekly winners.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Sounds great Kim! Let me know if you need help getting the contest up and running.
Spider.... HELP!!!!! I just sent an e-mail to Tyler for help too.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I see the contests Kim - PCEC update coming shortly! Btw, you need to check "Image" and "Flickr Image" as valid content types for the contest - you had checked "Image Gallery" which only allows an entire gallery to be entered.

Just a sec...
15 posts Page 1 of 2