Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to print off several pics to slip into photo coasters for Christmas. I found all my images, fixed them, cropped them to 2.8 x 3 at 300 dpi and saved them as photoshop psd files.

I can get them to print, one at a time, right in the middle of the paper. But what I want to do is to position them on one letter-size sheet of photo paper so I can print them all out at once and then cut them out to insert them into the coasters. I have tried several different things but I can't figure out how to do it.

I'm sure you can tell I'm new at this, so please be specific with your instructions.

I'd really appreciate your help!
Deb
PSE6/PE4/Windows XP/Firefox/Canon MP600/Canon PowerShot S3IS
Well one solution would be to open up an 8.5 x 11 document in Elements and place each picture on it - then print that and cut them out.
My suggestion was going to be the same as Jane's. New document 8.5x11, 300 resolution with a transparent background.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks, Jane and Kim, for your answers. I knew how to open a new document but I couldn't seem to get the pictures ON that new document. However, I did some reading on this forum and found my answer. Suzib posted it on Nov. 28 in the thread "Creating a Poster." Thanks, Suzib!! It was exactly what I needed. I'm going to quote it here again for another newbie that might come along.

From Suzib:
Ok, I am going to assume your pictures are the size you want...so have the first image in your image palette..in the layers palette is will show image and the word background.double cllick on that layer and a new box will come up saying something about changing name to layer o..click ok...now on the image itself the one in the layer palette not the one in the image palette..holding the ctrl key down click on that image. You should now see what we call marching ants. go to edit>copy...now bring up your background image..when that is in your image palette go edit>paste. then using your transform tool you can move it to wherever you want and resize it, if need be A little longwinded but hopefully helps.
Deb
This assumes you've got the correct physical size image already - which it sounds as if you have and needs the Elements Organiser

In the Organiser select all three images and then goto File > Print.

On the RHS of the pop up window....

Section 1 - setup the printer and paper size
Section 2 - select Individual Prints from the drop down box
Section 3 - select Actual Size from the drop down box and Uncheck One Photo per Page

Click on Print when your done

Colin

Thanks for your help!
Deb
6 posts Page 1 of 1