Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Ok I am having a senior moment. I have made two ,yes two Avatars before. I want to change my avatar to somethng different and just can seem to get it done. I went to UCP and did all the things that I thought were right and it just kept telling me it was to big or out of range or something. I made a small avatar and imported it and it was still to big. Give this old clogged brain of mine a jump start and tell me what to do again.
I hate those senior moments.
Tina B
The size guidelines are a maximum size of 100x100 pixels and a file size not larger than 16kb.
Ok If I go to PSE and make a new document 100 px X 100px I should be ok. probably a resoultion of 72? I will try it again. Should I use save for web ? that might be where I went wrong.
Thanks
Tina B
Yes...use save for web. It will set your resolution at 72 and will also tell you what the file size is going to be. Look in the bottom of the right hand box and you will see your file size. Once you size to 100x100, you may need to adjust the file quality to get it down below the 16K limit.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks for the help, my senior moment has finally moved on. What makes us forget the easiest things?
Have a Happy New Year !
Tina B
5 posts Page 1 of 1