Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
14 posts Page 1 of 2
On my first outing with my new camera we went up to David Crockett State Park and over in the corner of the park we found the top to the old courthouse. I love the clock and I think it really has potential but it needs to be reworked with Elements. So, I'm asking for some suggestions what you think I could do to it to make it a better photo?

(My idea was blurring the tree background because it takes away from the clock itself.)

Attachments

Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, I played with it a little and I would leave it as is as far as background goes. I did crop in tighter on the left side and at the bottom. Not much at the bottom. Then I upped the saturation on it. Did the saturation on a duplicate layer in case I needed to lower opacity. Merged, duplicated again and ran filter>other>high pass at 5.0 blend mode soft light lowered opacity to around 80%. It is a really nice image.
Julie... can you post a bigger image on Pixentral so we can play with it? :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I've got two images ... take your pic

ImageImage

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've reposted the images at Pixentral, so they should work now!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, two nice images with lots of potential but neither Pixentral link works. Can you repost please.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
they work for me, Kim. Try again
I used your picture as if it had been posted as a challenge. :) Here's what I came up with:
1wKgcKNcPpUGGkmj7OMfgQYTjQc.jpg
1wKgcKNcPpUGGkmj7OMfgQYTjQc.jpg (153.33 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

I duplicated and then used OnOne Essentials Make it Better. I then used a Contrast Sharpening Mask; merged the layers and used a Colored Pencil Sketch tut on it. I cropped it slightly before saving. I think it's a really, really interesting picture...would love to know the history of the courthouse.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Julie you are off to a great start and I love the photo.......kudos to you.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
I played around and the only thing I liked was B&W. Then I decided to try some plug-ins, always forget those. I duplicated the layer and I used Nik Color Efex Pro 2.0 GE that came with my Wacom. I used the Brillance and Warmth option and played with the sliders until I liked it, hard to tell on the little preview so once I clicked OK it was a bit much I reduced the opacity to 75%.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
suzib, sunny and Kim,
Thank you ... I like them both! You've given me ideas on what direction to go. Thank you!
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
14 posts Page 1 of 2