Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Which add-on did you get, then I should be able to find how to install in Vista.
Oh! I just tried another search on photo effects and it popped up!!! So I installed it. Where will it show up in Elements?
In 5.0 it will show up under the artwork and effect..click on special effects and it should be there. OOps you have 6, not sure on that one but it might be similar.
also the path for vista to install is explained below
NOTE: the directions below are for Windows XP. If you use Vista, substitute "C:\Program Data\" for every place that you see "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\".)
Here are some better instuctions

you must put the action and the PNG image that represents the action in this folder:

c:\ProgramData\Adobe\PhotoshopElements\6.0\PhotoCr eations\ImageEffects

That should work - make sure the image is a PNG and not a PSD (changed from Elements 5.0) and that the Action and PNG have the EXACT same name.
Special effects? I'm not seeing it...filters??? There's artistic under there. Will it say layer mask?

Edit: Oh, just saw the new instructions. I'll try that. Later, though, have to get back to work.
also you have to be sure that show hidden files is checked
you must have show Hidden files open. Click on your computer icon, then clck on Organiser. Next Folder and search, then View.
Make sure the show Hidden files is selected.

It won't be under filters... see if you have a tab that says image effects..then show all
If at some time you want to add layer styles also here is the path for that

Vista is C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\<en_US or your locale>\Photo Creations\layer styles

Again what add-ons did you get..I am pretty sure Grafii's self install
18 posts Page 2 of 2