Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
18 posts Page 1 of 2
I've just purchased Elements 6, my first experience with Photoshop. Can someone explain where I can find the layer mask option?
Elements 6 or any other version does not come with a built in Layer Mask function. There are add-ons available, though, one of them is here:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselem ... rmasks.htm

Juergen
another place is Graffi's shop. He has great stuff
http://www.graficalicus.com/graffishop/index.php
Until you add a layer mask from one of the above, you can hijack an adjustment layer mask. Click the new adjustment layer icon and pick any such as levels, click ok without making changes and use the mask that comes with that layer.
Thanks, I download the add-on, but it says to save it to "Creative Effects" in the Adobe folder. I can't find that folder. ???
I assume you downloaded from the link I posted earlier, there, did you see this part of the instructions?:
If you can't find this folder: Make sure you have hidden files and folders set to show under Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab

It is not "Creative Effects", but
...\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Photo Creations\photo effects

Juergen
Thanks for responding. And, yes, I had the wrong file name. I trusted my memory and combined the two.

Still have the problem. I can't find Photo Creations. I did a search and it still doesn't come up. I hadn't noticed noticed the instructions about hidden files. I've checked that now, and it's still not showing.
Are you on Windows XP? If so, the complete path is this:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Photo Creations

Juergen
...and you woluld be installing in photo effects

Juergen
It's Vista.

No "Photo Creations." No "Photo Effects."

I feel relatively computer literate till I get to something like this. :?
18 posts Page 1 of 2