Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Though I am a newbie, I have come to realize the benefit of selecting subjects within a photograph. However, I am not very good at using the selection tools to make the selection. Are there any tips, suggestions or other helpful insights with making selections?
Danny

--------------------------
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D; PSE 5; Windows XP

A brave new step:
My Flickr galleries
My much smaller but growing PrestoPhoto picts
dsstrick9,

A good selection is the key to a good result... you are ahead of the game to have recognized this.

A quick Google for "photoshop selection tutorial" yields a bounty of hits!!

Byron
dsstrick9,

One thing I would advise is to zoom in real close. And personally I find using a Wacom pen and tablet makes life much easier as well.

Bayla
I agree, the selection tools are not that proficient. Elements 6 makes it a bit easier with a new selection tool they have added. One of the ways I use in helping to make a selection is by adding a blending mode layer to darken by selecting multiply to darken or screen to lighten the area I want to select and then deleting the layer. After making a selection you can go to top toolbar and click on Select > Modify > Expand and enter the amount you want to expand; the Delete key to back up to the previous connect spot. Each time you hit the Delete Key it will go back one step; You can also hold down the SHIFT key to add, or ALT key to subtract.
Thanks. I have not had a chance to try these out, but am looking forward to it.
Danny

--------------------------
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D; PSE 5; Windows XP

A brave new step:
My Flickr galleries
My much smaller but growing PrestoPhoto picts
Byron,
Thanks for the link. I could spend hours reading the different tuts.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
6 posts Page 1 of 1