Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
8 posts Page 1 of 1
It installed without a hitch! I am amazed. Even the dark background hasn't bothered me so far - but I've only installed it 15 minutes ago. Even the catalog conversion went smoothly, no problems at all. Tags, albums and all have converted seamlessly. :mrgreen:

The first thing I tried was the Quick Selection Tool. AMAZING. If for no other reason, I'm glad I upgraded from 4.0. I chose a photo of my granddaughter with lots of wispy hair. And it selected all! Now I'm super hyped and ready to play.

I kind of lost my creative juices within the past month, so I'm ready to get back on track.

Thanks everyone for all your posts relating to 6.0. I've read most of them, and hesitated to buy it, due to the problems I read about, but I guess that is what this forum is about - seeking out answers to problems.

So now, if anyone has hesitated to upgrade, here are my positive comments about it. Forge ahead!
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Hi Suzanne, congrats on the upgrade. I sure hope your creative juices get flowing again. I skipped PSE6 and went to CS3, still learning it. Lots to learn.

Can't wait to see some of your new creations with v6.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Now thats a nice "Positive Attitude" for a Monday morning !!! :lol:

Way to go Suzanne !!!!
George :)
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle."James Kelly
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19724 George's Gallery
You will find that there are a lot of great things in the upgrade. I loved the new tag section or albums. I can use the album tag to select my photos for my slideshow and arrange them in the order that I want before I send them to premier 4. That was my reason to get 6 is the ease of use with PE4.

The dark background doesn't bother me either. Actually I prefer it because it make the photo or whatever your working on stand out more.

Enjoy it and if you have questions post away.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
I would like to now install Grant's tools, but didn't see he has them for 6.0, the highest being 5.0 I downloaded a couple of zip files, but didn't install, because the path was different than stated on his website. Maybe he will come along here (or someone else) and give me instructions on how to do this.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Suzanne,
Which Grant's tools do you want to install?
Besides using the very affordable installation program Add-O-Matic from Graffi (provided you have unzipped the atn files) you can install them manually.
To get the Grant's tools in their own category and with thumbnails, you'll need to create xml files for the categories and png files for the thumbnails.
I could create these for you and show you in which folder you should copy them (if it is in Windows XP).
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I was able to download and install Grant's tools, so everything is fine now. The only thing I had to do different, was go into "Window's Tools" and "show hidden files and folders". Thanks for everyone's help.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Suzanne, glad to see you like E6. I upgraded from E5 to #6 before Christmas and I immediately fell in love w/the new selection tool. Like you, it alone was worth the upgrade. :mrgreen:
8 posts Page 1 of 1