Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
29 posts Page 3 of 3
I download into my pictures using Windows XP's. I see no advantage to any other downloader.
Janice
PSE 11, Mac with Mountain Lion
Welcome Taz glad you are joining us on the forum.
From the beginning (1999), I have a date based folder structure in Windows explorer. I have tried Canon's Zoombrowser, which I found convenient. I never use downloading from the camera, always copy from card reader.
I tried the organizer from PSE4 on, and spent a long time tagging and sorting my pictures. I had a lot of trouble and did not like it as much as Zoombrowser. Much too slow, many problems.
Then I wanted to try the Lightroom trial version. It soon crashed miserably while trying to import the catalogs, and would not open again.
Then my hard disk crashed... I had backups for all files, but could not recover the catalog.
So now I'm using the organizer to sort files, but I don't have the courage to go through 20 000 shots to sort and tag... I feel inclined to do so with Zoombrowser, which looks much quicker and safer to me. The integration with the organizer and the editor may be useful for a number of tasks, but it leaves much to be desired when you mainly work in raw. And backing up the catalog seems a real pain for me, unless I am missing something.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I use ACDSee Photo Manager and love it! You can do some editing with it too, but I mostly use it for organizing and batch processing. I just discovered that I can do batch renaming of files - which will be very handy when it comes time to upload my next photobook at PrestoPhoto. And it will open and process RAW files too. My camera doesn't do RAW, but my BIL's does and he sent a DVD full of RAW home with me from Jamaica that he didn't have time to convert to JPEG before I left.
I have just gone with ACDSee Photomanager... Great for the price. Viewing including raws is a breeze, batch capabilities and even raw editing very convincing.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
MichelB wrote: I have just gone with ACDSee Photomanager... Great for the price. Viewing including raws is a breeze, batch capabilities and even raw editing very convincing.

I like the hover pop-preview for a closure look. Very quick and handy when trying to find a particular picture out of thousands.
Hi i'm also new to this and also need help i just bought elements 6 and i don't even know where to start! so i'll start here i would like to know how do i make the clothes bright in photograph without it affecting the skin tone? All i knnow how to use is the quick fix.Can anyone help? [whispering] fosheezy This is my first time on this site.
Hi fosheezy and welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great people here to help. That particular question is not one of my strong points so I will let someone else answer it. I would suggest when you have a question to first check the search field and if you don't find your answer, start a new thread. Asking a question in another thread that is almost two months with no replies,it could go unseen and unanswered.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I don't use the organizer either, and I'm happy with my photo folder arrangement. It is happy on it own drive.
I do plan to try out ACDSee...soon. Hopefully in the summer.
When auto DL to the program comes up, I just click the 'X'.
m
Michelle
29 posts Page 3 of 3