Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I was going to take plunge and post to the crop challenge but it won't let me..quota something. I see you all are now using this pixentral. Could someone explain what this is and how to use it.
Thanks
Sorry - duplicated post - go to next one. :doh:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sure. Go to www dot pixentral dot com; browse for your picture and then hit "send." When the picture is loaded, there will be two "urls" at the bottom of the picture. (See Example here) http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pictu ... WkleKK6jA1
Highlight the second one, copy it (Control C [Command C on Mac]; then come back to your post and paste it (Control V [Command V on Mac]). Someone better with screen shots will probably come along.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Taz, it's easy.
I'm not going to tell you how to "save for web", you obviously know how to do that. You want a Jpeg image with the longest size anywhere from 500 to 800 or so pixels (for some things I have gone much higher) as that's a good size for viewing on a screen.

Go to http://www.pixentral.com/index.php
I suspect all of us have that address in favorites so it's just one click.

On the first screen you see, click "Browse" and then, after your file is loaded, click "Send". That takes you to the next screen where you see your loaded image and, below it, two web addresses. the SECOND one is what you want to copy. It's pretty long. The easiest way is to repeatedly click on it - 3 times usually works - when it is highlighted, copy and paste into your post.

When you post the link you will not see your image thumbnail. You will see it after you "send" your post.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thank you Sunny ans Rusty for your quick instructions. So far basic editing and cropping are about are far as I have ventured into elements.
Sunny

Your doggies are sooooo cute.
Janice
PSE 11, Mac with Mountain Lion
Thanks, Janice. They're great little buddies, to me and to each other.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
7 posts Page 1 of 1