Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I am a new user of Photoshop Element. I have been using it to create photobook. The default page size is 10"x9.5" (that is 20"x9.5" for left and right pages).
My question is how do I change the page size to say 11x8.5 or 8.5x8.5?
Thanks for your help.

Ling
I have been playing around with your question and here is the only way I have been able to do what you wanted. Run a test on this first to make sure it works for you , it does for me.
What I did was make a page with photos on it the size of your book (10 x 9.5) then I make a new document the size you wanted 8.5 x 8.5. (at 300 dpi)The I did this...image>resize, when the box came up I went to the windows tab at the top and at the bottom of that box I checked the name of the photo page. the only thing I have found a problem with is going bigger to the 11 x 8.5, photos look streched. But going down to 8.5 x 8.5 not a problem
And a big welcome to the forum. This is a great place. Full of helpful and friendly people

the above method works good for the 8.5 x 8.5 but not the other. so here is a way to get the other size. When you open your photobook page, without any pictures added yet go to crop and put in these sizes 11 x 8.5 at 300 dpi and crop to that size. It works..then add your photos.
If you have more questions on this, please ask and someone will help you out
Hi Ling and welcome. I hope Suzi's suggestions work for you. I have never used the Photo book option in Elements so I can't help. I always make my own pages. I would think that cropping the pages before you add your photos would be your best bet though.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, cropping works for the larger size but you have to do the other way for the square size or you lose some of the page.
I've never messed with the book maker in Elements either - just made my own pages. Guess I'm something of a control freak. :biggrin:

Sure hope you can get something to work for you. If not, come visit us down in the Scrapping sub-forum and we will be glad to help you create your own.
5 posts Page 1 of 1