Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I promise you I'll be driving you all nuts with questions, the first being why didn't Adobe provide a manual for Elements 6, were they afraid that would make it too easy for us. :rotfl: Seriously though, I'll be posting a thousand questions here in the next while, I'm a photo editing virgin, and right now about all I am capable of doing is opening the program and going to the edit page... :woohoo:

I've been in photography as an amateur for some time now, but have would have "periods" were I was into it and periods when I wasn't. Or, I'd be so poor I didn't have the money to develop the films I did take. Of course digital has changed my life as it has for you folks, I'm sure. My first camera was a Konica T3; I moved up to the Canon 10s, then to digital with the Canon 300D and finally to my new 450D.

I decided it was time I bit the bullet and put some serious time into photo editing so I bought Elements 6 two days ago, discovered your forum yesterday, signed up to day, and will drive you nuts tomorrow with questions. :puter:
Welcome to the forum. Your questions will be welcomed and hopefully answered for you. All of us have been beginners so understand where you are coming from. Hope to see you here often.
welcome, I am glad you found the site , i am sure you will really enjoy it. Everyone here is more than willing to help when they can. :wave:
nicholson wrote: I promise you I'll be driving you all nuts with questions, the first being why didn't Adobe provide a manual for Elements 6, were they afraid that would make it too easy for us. :rotfl: Seriously though, I'll be posting a thousand questions here in the next while, I'm a photo editing virgin, and right now about all I am capable of doing is opening the program and going to the edit page... :woohoo:

Welcome!
You can download the manual in pdf format:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopEl ... 6_help.pdf
Be patient... 464 pages!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Welcome!!
We love questions and you will find there always someone who has an answer.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Hi nicholson,

Now living in Ottawa, but grew up in Vancouver - Renfrew district.

Ask away, but please realize that for some of us, it is going to be a shorter trip to the nuthouse! :thumbsup:
John
I'll add my welcome as well. :woohoo:

Welcome to our family! When I first started I looked thru the galleries for ideas...
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Welcome, welcome, welcome. You can't drive us crazy, because most of us are already there. Ask away; check out the tutorials, find a good manual ( ask for suggestions; I have PSE 4, so I won't be much help), and experiment, experiment, and experiment. What ever you do, learn layers early on. :wave:
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Thanks for the suggestion to learn layers early on, I will remember that. I appreciate the suggestions for plug ins, and the pdf manual I will definitely download.

I lived in Ottawa three separate times (my father was military). I lived in Vainer Place - back then called Eastview - latter we moved back to Ottawa just across from the National Research Council, and then moved back again to Alta Vista. I also lived right downtown for 6 months on Lisgar Street, just two blocks up from Lisgar high. My mother and I lived in an apartment while my father took a course on nuclear warfare out of Norfolk Virginia; after the course we were then posted to Madison Wisconsin, which used to be one the divisional headquarters for NORAD.

Latter today, I will begin my many questions I will be asking.
Nicholson.....First of all WELCOME
You will find the people here most willing to help you,and don't forget there are no such things as dumb questions.So just ask away !!!! :thumbsup:

BTW hope that you are having good weather in BC :pray: we still have some snow here :biggrin:

George :woohoo:
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle."James Kelly
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19724 George's Gallery
11 posts Page 1 of 2