Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
2 posts Page 1 of 1
First, does Picasa2 do anything to the RAW image once it imports it. If I imported an image into Picasa2 and then export it to Elements is it still a RAW image.

Thanks for the link to the manual, I've printed out the first 89 pages and will be tackling it tonight.

How do I move an image from Picasa into Elements so I can edit it?
Hi nicholson,

I have PSE4/PSE5 then went to CS3, but don't have PSE6.

Adobe has been pretty consistent with their software and once installed, I seem to recall it asked me if I wanted to buiold the Organizer, and it did.

If you have installed, and did not import or it did not ask, you can easily import everythinh and get going.

Some users hate the organizer and prefer just to use the editor.

To start with the Organizer, lanuch PSE6, click on the button that says something like View and Organize your pictures, when the Organizer comes up click on FIle, Get Photos, From FIles and Folders and it will start the process. If like most users your picyures are in My Documents/My Pictures navigate there and it should be good to go.

You don't have to export from PICASA - it just maintains an index to your picytures, just like the Organizer will.

Now, this is based on PSE5, so if it doesnt pan out, wait for someont with PSE6 to jump in.
John
2 posts Page 1 of 1