Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Hope you don't mind if I answer this. I have elements 5 and windows xp. You should have it. This is the path to use. This is the actualy path to mine.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\special effects
Thanks, suzib. I think I have an error on my instructions - I said PSE5 then gave instructions for PSE6.
I don't have PSE5 but you're quite right, according to another source.
My Computer
Local Disk ( Usually C )
C:\Documents and Settings
All Users
Application Data
Adobe
Photoshop Elements
Photo Creations
Special Effects.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Well, now I'm really puzzled. Here is a screenshot of my PSE5 program folder.

http://bigbrowndogprimitives.com/temporary/pse5.jpg

I don't find a folder called "Photo Creations" at all. What am I missing?

Thanks!
You're not missing anything - but you've gone down the wrong "branch". Instead of going into Program Files, go to Documents and Settings, and continue down that line as shown above.

One path to PSE5 is My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > Adobe > Photoshop Elements 5.0 > (and that's where you find all those folders you found - Presets, Plug-Ins being probably the most important to us.

The other path to PSE5 is My Computer > Local Disk > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > Adobe > Photoshop Elements > 5.0 > and that's where you should find perhaps eight folders.

I use PSE6 and I expect there are other differences with PSE5 (I'm sure Adobe like to confuse us). But the "two-branch" structure is similar.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Thanks so much, Geoff, especially for your patience. I did find Photo Creations exactly where you said it should be. Somehow, I had never known there were two branches, so this is a really valuable lesson for me.

I do appreciate your time and knowledge.
15 posts Page 2 of 2