Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
A new member made a post in an old thread and so it doesn't get ignored or lost I thought I would start a thread for fosheezy to get help.

Hi I'm also new to this and also need help i just bought elements 6 and i don't even know where to start! so i'll start here i would like to know how do i make the clothes bright in photograph without it affecting the skin tone? All i know how to use is the quick fix.Can anyone help? [whispering] fosheezy This is my first time on this site.

And welcome to the forum fosheezy

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Welcome to the forum fosheezy. Could you possibly post the picture you want to do this to. It would help us to try and help you.
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. You'll get good help here. I don't have PSE6 so I'll leave it to those who do. Shortly you'll be getting it down in a great fashion. :wave:
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Come on Gail, 5 and 6 are just about alike. I know you must have some tips on this. Hope fosheezy post a picture will really help.
fosheezy, welcome, i suggest visiting the forum section for beginnners. Do alot of reading and try some of the stuff you read about. If you run into problems, there are a lot of smart people hear willing to share. :biggrin:
I am going to post a tip from our resident genius, Rusty, that should help with the overall image. I don't know how advanced you are in the use of elements so am going to do this in baby steps. Once we know how much or little you know helping you will be easier.

1. open image in editor
2. in your toolbar click on the arrow thingy..should be at top
3. next at the top of page is a check box called auto select layer..if this is checked uncheck it ( that box gave me fits until someone told me to uncheck it)
4. File>duplicate (always work on a copy of your picture)
5. Layer>duplicate layer ( now you should see two layers in your layer palette, far left) make use the top layer is highlighted
6.enhance>unsharp mask use these settings 20,60,0
if this is too much just lower the opacity of that layer until you get what you like

I use this on all of my images, thanks to Rusty

Rmember this is a very helpful and friendly group so any questions you have please ask. Someone will come along to help you out
6 posts Page 1 of 1