Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
8 posts Page 1 of 1
When I open a new doc in PSE3, why doesn't the doc line up with the zeros on the ruler. I never really saw this as a problem until I started to do digi scrapping. I have tried clicking on the cross hairs and moving the lines around - it always seems hit or miss as to where the doc ends up. I can usually get one corner to end up at zero, but then if I try to get the other one, it messes up the first one. When I hover over an area,(say the very upper left hand corner) the little cross hair on the ruler says that I am at Zero inches. But visually looking at the doc, the corner looks like it is at negative 1 or 2 inches. Do I have a glitch with elements?

Thanks - Dawn
Here is a screen shot:
Ruler-Question.jpg
Ruler-Question.jpg (116.92 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
Dawn
Check out the settings under File>Page setup...

At least, that is what it would be in CS3.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I have a feeling that only controls the size of the borders if you print images with borders. Not the ruler display in the Editor.

I can't find anything to adjust this in PSE4 or 5.
John
Hmmm...too bad. That works in CS3.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
The rulers line up perfectly in 5 and 6 using Vista.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
I have been playing around with this and just noticed the little "marks" in the upper left corner where the rulers come together. If you click and drag on these you get a big bullseye and when you release, the ruler demonstrates the same problem identified in this thread.

Once altered, I can reset it to 0,0 by re-clicking on the "marks" and move the bullseye to the upper left corner of the image and things are back to normal.

If your image is like off on startup, I suggest a reset preferences and see if that will make it go away. To reset preferences, start Editor and immediately press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Alt. You should get a question asking about deleting preferences file - say yes and see what happens.

If you have altered your preferences significantly, it may be worthwhile making some notes to guide you in re-establishing your desired preferences.
John
Thanks John, I will have to try and reset my preferences. I have a few other little glitches here and there too. When I drag a new paper or photo into a new document it always centers it in on the page. I thought you had to hold the shift key while dragging to get that to happen, but I never do and it always centers it on the page - which I love -- just don't know why it does it without having to hold the shift key ! :o

Thanks again for everyones help !
Dawn
Well, I must just have a glitch ! I reset the preferences and reopened the editor. The doc came up at 0 and 0 ! Yea ! I closed that document down and changed a preference to open a new doc with a transparent background rather than white. Opened the new doc - I was at 0 at the top but the side of the doc said it was at 3. Oh Well ! Thanks again everyone for the suggestions !
Dawn
8 posts Page 1 of 1