Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Everyone I'm new to this site and I need a little help. Dose anyone know where adobe hide the color channels in elements 6. I have done a search on this site looking for a answer but no luck. Thanks in advance for any help regards ED
Hi, welcome to the forum. Elements does not have channels if that is what you are looking for but there are add-ons that will give you that option. If you are interested I will post you a link to one of the best add-ons as far as I am concerned. Plus a ton of others.
Hello suzib Thank you for your speedy reply. Yes I would be interested in any help you can give. I'm running a new hp computer with vista home premium if this makes a difference in plugins. I was reading on this site about grants tools. I downloaded some files off his site but have no idea where to put them. I thank you for your help regards ED
Here is a link to Graffi's shop, he has alot of stuff. The one with the channels and all that is called the "handy actions 3". They come with a self-installer, so does all the work for you. If you do get them make sure you get the right version..6 right. The B/W action set is also great. In fact, all his stuff is very,very good and very inexpensive.

http://www.graficalicus.com/graffishop/index.php
Here is the path for installing actions into 6 for vista

PSE6/VISTA users:

1. Instead of a PSD file, you must include a PNG file. Open the PSD thumbnail file that came with your action, save it as a PNG. Make sure the layer name and the filename are the same as the action name with the exception of the extension.

2. Put the action and the PNG image that represents the action in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\PhotoshopElements\6.0\PhotoCreations\ImageEffects
There are two tutorials about channels in our Elements Newsletter N° 4 and 5.
In Elements, channels are not available directly like in Photoshop, but since they are an underlying basis, you can extract them easily. Do a search in this forum and you'll find how to do this with levels or layer blend modes. Tell us if you have difficulties finding them.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
6 posts Page 1 of 1