Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm a newbie with Elements 6. I switched from Paint Shop Pro x2 and I'm enjoying the capabilities of E6.
However, I can't seem to get the hang of Organizer even utilizing the "Missing Manual."
It looks like a great way to ease the hassles of photo handling .
Any suggestions, comments, etc would be very much appreciated.
:thanks:
Taxeye from Canada
Taxeye - you've gotten several replies in your other post. It's here. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thanks sarch99!!!!! :woohoo:
There's some great stuff in the "other post." Problem is - it doesn't seem to be visible to me I thought it didn't get on - Geezer brainitis maybe - or - I still can't see it except through your hyperlink.
Many thanks again!!
Taxeye from Canada
Taxeye,

That may be because you are looking at the Recent Posts only. Items get retired from the recent posts after a while, but I posted a reply there this morning, so not sure if that makes sense.

You can also try the View your Posts link (just below the banner) and I believe there is a Notify me when reply is posted option - way down at the bottom when you make a post.
John
One thing about organizers, whether Elements, Lightroom, ACDsee, Camera makers' own software... You always have two steps. First is to get the pictures from the camera or card into the computer. Second is to really organize by tagging, deleting, grouping, rating... that is building a database, a repertory to find and group pictures the way you want.
For many people, the first step is already a great way of organizing. The uploaders can help you select which pictures to import, in which folder and with which descriptive name. That may be enough for you. Not only that, but this first stage of organization is a safeguard against organizer crashes... (I know!) or if you want to change your software.
I am now comparing the organizer and ACDsee: both are flexible. They have plusses and minusses, but they are good for the first step.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Can you tell us exactly what it is that you are having problems with that might help the ones that use organizer tell you what you need to know.
6 posts Page 1 of 1