Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I would like to take one dog out of a photo and combine it with a dog in another photo. They are brothers and we would like to have them together since they are from two different states. I have adobe elements 6.0 and do not know were to start in Adobe.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Terry
Hi Terry,

There are a number of different ways to do what you want; the easiest approach often depends on the images. Why don't you post the two images and somebody will then be able to give you good advice.

An easy way to post is to use Pixentral. To do that, open your image(s) in Elements Edit and click File > Save for web

SaveforWeb-1.jpg
SaveforWeb-1.jpg (161.14 KiB) Viewed 1811 times

(1) - you will see that the file size may be pretty big
(2) - go here and change the longest side to around 600 or 700 - click "Apply"

SaveforWeb-2.jpg
SaveforWeb-2.jpg (126.25 KiB) Viewed 1811 times

look again at your file size; if it's more than three or four hundred, click "Quality" and use the slider to reduce quality. When you are satisfied with the size of the file, click "OK" in the top right corner. Let the file save itself in some place on your PC that's easy to find - I usually use My Documents.

SaveforWeb-3.jpg
SaveforWeb-3.jpg (153.91 KiB) Viewed 1802 times

Now go to http://www.pixentral.com
After the page opens, click "Browse" and find the file on your PC - click "Open". Then, on the Pixentral-page, click "Send". When the second screen opens, copy the second address and paste it into your thread post on the forum. Click over that link 3 times and you'll get all of it.

It is a lot easier to do than it is to explain :D

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty is right , you need to post some photos so we can see what you need to do. You will find plenty of help here and we are always glad to help out. Once you figure out the Pixentral it is easy to post the photos.
Tina B
Hi, Terry. Here's a tutorial that should help you. http://graphicreporter.com/tutorials/ph ... llage.html

There are more out there - I'll go looking. :wave:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.

Here are the photo's.....Thanks everyone for your quick response!!

Terry
Terry, do you want to put the bottom one with the top one or put them both on a different background??
Terry,
Those two shots are difficult for me for 2 reasons: (1) big difference in quality between the two images as the head-shot is much greater resolution than the full-body shot, (2) busy background makes selection very difficult. Somebody with more skill than I have can no doubt give you a different solution.

Because of the background and all the fine dog hair, I didn't even try to make a selection. I blended the two photos...

BlendDogs.jpg
BlendDogs.jpg (139.89 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

(and flipped one of the images so they would be looking at each other)

I used a clipping mask to accomplish this...

BlendDogs-How.jpg
BlendDogs-How.jpg (85.55 KiB) Viewed 1742 times

If you want to try this, I or somebody else can try to explain "clipping mask".

The alternative, and much, much easier, is to simply arrange two different photos onto a single page (scrapbook style). Suzi is pointing you in that direction.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Terry, here is what I did. Used the magentic lasso to select the dog, then>layer>layer via copy..turned eyes off of the two layers below
did that for both dogs..on the smaller image (the redder dog) after I cut him out I duplicated that layer and used soft light blend mode) also unsharp mask at these settings 20,60,0
then I opened up a background and placed both dogs on that layer.

if you have any questions just holler.
second version and mostly the easiest way to go

Everyone has been wonderful….The photo’s look great. I took the photo of Chip. Chip is my sister’s dog and Hershey’s Mom took the photo.

I have so much to learn regarding Adobe and everyone here has helped me so much.

Thank you.

Terry, Chip and Hershey :-)
11 posts Page 1 of 2