Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I am having difficulty creating a Slideshow.
I have downloaded photos from my camera into the Organizer and made no changes. The pixel dimensions are 3072x2048. In the Organizer, the Full Screen view is sharp (Display > View Photos in Full Screen). When I take those same images and create a slideshow, in the SlideShow Editor, the images in the "Full Screen Preview" are not clear with ragged edges.
I have found nothing in "The Missing Manual" about this. Can anyone give me some help with this!
Thanks, jamesd
Welcome to the forum, James. I don't use the slideshow in Elements but someone that does will be along soon to answer your question.
going to bump this back up..can someone help James out here!!!!!!
James, it seems that there is no help with your problem. So I am going to direct you to a different site. It deals with Elements slideshow quite a bit

http://muvipix.com/home.php
suzib - Thanks for your help.I will check into the site. I thought that there would be an easy fix but maybe I am the only one who has run into this. I will post the solution if I get one!
james
Thank you, James. I have seen 1 other person on another forum with the same problem and she was not getting a response there either.
I used "slide show" for the first time yesterday and had the same results as James. If he gets a fix I'd like to hear of it.

Jay
Hi and welcome to the forum. Hopefully, James will report back. I am still searching for an answer but with no luck so far.
I have used the slide show feature of PSE6 several times without the preview jaggies that you mention. I have two suggestions that may help. First, in the Slide Show Editor, go to Edit>Slide Show Preferences. Down near the bottom of the popup menu you can set the Preview Quality to low, medium or high. If I remember correctly, it is set to medium or low by default - change it to "high". This will give you a better quality preview, but the photos will load slowly if the photo size is large.

Next, you can counteract the sluggishness by reducing the size of the photos in the slideshow. You don't need the same high resolution for a slideshow that you would need for printing. Before I create a slideshow, I always duplicate the photos and reduce the size. (DO NOT REDUCE THE SIZE OF THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS.) For example, my laptop screen is set to 1280x800 so I set the width of my slideshow photos to a maximum width of 1280 and a maximum height of 800 at 72 dpi because anything above that is wasted.

Anyway, hope this helps! :)
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
You could try posting your question on this forum, also.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bb574e6/
10 posts Page 1 of 1