Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone

I am still learning the basics of Photoshop Elements and i have been put in charge of making my mums 60th Birthday invitation.

I have her wedding photo from all those yeasr back that i'd like to use on the front, but i dont know where to begin apart from that.
Does anyone have any creativeideas that might help me?
I'd be very grateful
:woohoo:
XXX
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have only found one thread on the site with invitation. Don't know if this will help. I am sure come of the talented members will be along soon to help you.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3119&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=invitations

another on xmas cards but might be helpful

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=918&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=cards

check out this thread also

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3577
bumping this back up..can anyone help her out!!!!
The only thing I can think of other than checking the other threads/doing a Google search for digital invitations is to perhaps get a current photo and do a before and after sort of thing.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
If you have a look here..... http://www.irasperipheralvisions.com/anniversary_party_invitations.htm you'll find a few layout ideas and even some snippets of short poems. Maybe a start, at least.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Thanks for your advice everybody, its been very useful
I'm gonna go take a look at the sites now

:thanks:
Hope these help, come back and show us what you have done. Or if you need more help
I just had a thought. (dangerous, I know)

Does anybody have a simple "open book template" they can post? Maybe it would work for her to put the old, wedding picture on the left-side page and a current picture on the right. The invitation could be some simple script at the bottom.

I don't have anything like that but I'm sure some of the scrapbookers here probably have something close.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Good idea, Rusty. I have these, if she is interested!!!

Hi welcome to the forum annieandhazel. What a wonderful project to work on, I hope you post progress....
10 posts Page 1 of 1