Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I would like to use this plug in: Mehdi's Kaleidoscope 2.1 free filter.
My problem is I can't seem to get it installed. I read the FAQ's about installing at the site but when I get into the plug in folder I don't have the same thing listed as the FAQ. Can anyone help me please?? thanks
What's the link to the site? I've got that plugin, but I'm not home right now. What operating system are you using?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
mnarteach, it's really easy:

1. Exit from Elements 5
2. Unzip the downloaded plug-in to give you a file called kaleidoscope2-1.8bf on your desktop.
2. Navigate to folder C:\program files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\Plug-Ins\Filters.
3. Create a new subfolder called Kaleidoscope (not sure this step is necessary) under Filters.
4. Drag the .8bf file into the subfolder created in 3.
5. Start Elements 5
6. Open a photo.
7. Go to Filters. You should see a new subheading called Mehdi. Click on that and your kaleidoscope plug-in is there.
8. Click on the plug-in and watch the effect!

p.s. Here's an example of what that plug-in can do with a Hubble Telescope picture:

Attachments

Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
I'm not the one having trouble, Chuck, but thanks for posting. What I was wondering is if she has her pc set to view hidden files and folders.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
To install plug-ins, Sunny, you don't need to have that unchecked. They go in a different place.
I downloaded and installed this filter to check it out and had a devil of a time getting PSE5 to see the filter. Finally had to start the program and do the press Ctrl+Shift+Alt key, then it finally saw it.

I thought I was getting stupid, tried to install it in CS3 and it worked the first time.

Anyone ever hear of having to do the the Adobe 3 finger salute to get a filter install like this working?
John
THANKS!! I now have it working.............very cool. It might have been working before but I was looking in the filter section on the palette menu.
jlwilm wrote: I downloaded and installed this filter to check it out and had a devil of a time getting PSE5 to see the filter. Finally had to start the program and do the press Ctrl+Shift+Alt key, then it finally saw it.

I thought I was getting stupid, tried to install it in CS3 and it worked the first time.

Anyone ever hear of having to do the the Adobe 3 finger salute to get a filter install like this working?

John, I didn't encounter that issue but I guess the 3-finger deal rebuilds the list....whatever works!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck, I love that picture that you posted! I don't know what plug ins are, but would like to see a before photo if you have it so that I can tell exactly what difference the plug in makes.
Thanks,
Terry
9 posts Page 1 of 1