Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
21 posts Page 2 of 3
Terry, here is the link to pixentral http://www.pixentral.com/ you can upload your images here for display. We use it all the time for homework, challenges & also to show as an example if some one is trying to correct soemthing, etc..
As far as the homework lessons, I always save them to my computer for a quick reference.
You can find all kinds of brushes to download for free, there also some free actions You can read through the helpful links viewforum.php?f=16 to find some of these.
Hope this helps!
Grammy - Pixentral is here. It's a website - not something you have to download. The newsletters are free and available for download. One of the best ways you can learn is to use tutorials and play with the pictures on your computer. You'll like some and you'll not like some, but you will have gained valuable experience just by following the tut. Have fun, visit often, and post some of your work. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Terry - I print tutorials (tuts..) and the newsletters, as well as threads that have a lot of comments from forum members on a technique I am interested in. I have them in a binder and pull them out when I have a photo I want to try. I must confess I get caught up in the threads and don't try as many as I have printed, but it is slowly working out that I pull them and try some. I have noticed other forum members referencing printing to a notebook also (if you're not good at toggling from window to window) I ended up with one seperate binder for Kimi homework and her 'grungy stuff.' I understand you frustration at not being able to hover and see the question, BUT the threads tend to take on a life of their own and sometimes you end up with totally different information and techniques, that's why it is worth checking out an entire thread. Look forward to seeing your pictures around.
:wave: WELCOME. This forum is a very friendly rest stop on the road to editing comfort. Your neighbors here are more than willing to assist with questionsd when they arise. All you have to do is hammer away at the keyboard. and some one will guide you to the answer.

Once again, welcome!!! :woohoo:

Bob
Thanks again, folks, for the warm welcome and the encouragement. I appreciate the links to Pixentral and will try that for uploading some photos. Maybe later today even :)

I like the notebook ideas. I think I'll grab a binder from the closet and start filling it up. It is easier for me to see what I'm working on in print and just having the laptop running with the editor.

I look forward to spending some time with all of you friendly and helpful people!

Terry
grammy wrote: I don't have Pixcentral.

Hi Terry, and welcome to our place.

You should have it - it is a web based mechanism for sharing images.

Go to http://www.pixentral.com and follow the instructions.

Unlike this forum, you can post larger images than 500 max width. Unlike this forum though, they wont stay there for long unless someone clicks on the link, Not sure what the timeframe is, but it is nit forever.

You want to copy out the forum link from the page after you upload - here - at the bottom

where it says:

pixentral2.jpg
pixentral2.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 876 times

Best way to get this is a triple click in the forum box and windows will select all the text. Do an edit, copy, then an edit paste into your reply box and you have it. :chickendance:

By the way - 2 images here - one from pixentral and one from the forum attachment procedure.
John
Welcome to the forum. One shortcut when viewing threads, is if you just want to look at posts made after you last viewed. Click on the little square to the left of the subject header and it will take you to the next unread post.
Thanks for the pixentral information. I will look into that. Right now, I'm still plugging away trying to get the almost 8000 images in my computer organized! Then, maybe I can post some of them.

Also, thanks for the info about how to go directly to new posts. That will save time. If only a few more minutes to read another post! I've gotten hooked on this place! If only I spent as much time working on my photos as I've spent reading here, everything would be up to date! But, I've already learned a lot about what can be done with elements.

Thanks again,
Terry
Terriy welcome to the forum.
Terry, let me join the others by welcoming you to this great forum. I joined after it was first started and have learned so much from everyone here.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
21 posts Page 2 of 3