Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I've been trying to figure out what the symbols mean that are used on this board. There are circles with lines representing text just under the TOPICS heading and I'm not sure what they all mean. I figured out the blue/red mean new posts or no new posts. Some of those circles have a star, question mark, rolling text lines, etc. Is there a key to tell what they represent? Or could someone here let me know.

Oh, I just saw the topic icons at th top of this post. I still don't see a key for how they are used though. I don't have much experience with forums, boards, or blogs so I need to be filled in about all this good stuff!

Thanks,
Terry
If you are talking about the star, heart smiley faces etc they are just for fun and really have no meaning, the rolling text I think means that it has alot of posts to it. I will see if I can find out more on this for you.
Terry,

I think the little red star that appears in the upper left of the Topics ICON indicates that you have posted to that particular thread.

It is kind of useful if you are looking for recent posts that you have replied to.
John
I learn something new here every day! :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
4 posts Page 1 of 1