Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have PSE6 and have been editing some pictures. I went to a local grocery store to have them printed and some printed fine and others did not. The ones that did not some of the heads were chopped off, uncentered, etc. Not at all how the pictures looked on the screen. I am doing senior pictures and will need to print off the same picture in different sizes. Do I have to edit each picture to adjust the size? I tried taking one of the pictures and cropping it and then adjusting the size like to 4x6 and it totally distorts the picture. Can anyone please help!!! Thanks Lisa
Hi, LIsa, welcome to the forum. There are several ways to do this. In image size put the size you want in the height and weight boxes and dpi of 300. Depending on size of orginal image it could go alot higher in dpi but that is not a problem. It might not come out to the exact size you want. Then I would crop to the right size by putting the size in the height and width at 300dpi in the crop boxes at the top of screen. This should give you the size you want. Use save as to save it. If you need several diferent sizes, just make several copies of picture and do each one.
I know there are most likely other ways and I am sure someone will be along to offer their way also.
I hope I made sense in the last post if not give a holler, ok
Lisa,

Hi and welcome to our place.

Suzi is on message. The secret is to crop the picture to the size you want printed.

If your camera is a basic point and shoot, the size or aspect ratio of your image is equivalent to an "old style" TV screen. Chances are your computer monitor is the same. Images will display on this, full size, with no loss of image area.

Now, if you want to print a 4x6 you have a problem. Most store processors will cut a little off the top and a little off the bottom to get to the 4x6 aspect ratio. Many of these stores let you play with the area you want to print, but the safest is to crop, save as, then go back to the original (revert or undo history) and crop again to say 5x7, whatever.

This way, you control what you want printed, not the store.
John
John and Suzi have given you the answers to your question, but I'd just like to say welcome to the forum.

Anita
5 posts Page 1 of 1