Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
8 posts Page 1 of 1
okay, so i am SO CLUELESS! what is my best options for learning phtotshop elemenst 6? when i play with it i get more confused. i tried to brighten a pic up and ended up with leopard print over the entire pic!haha please i need advice!
Would suggest doing some of the challenges and tuts. They will help you get a feel for how different features work. Google eclectic acadamy- Sara has some good classes for newbies.
Linda, is right, just start doing the challenges and Kimi's homework assignments. You can go back and start at the beginning. Also look at the members tutorials. The classes she recommended are great!!! and you can always ask us lots of questions
The second suggestion is to get a good book - and the one by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski, "The Photoshop ELements 6 Book for Digital Photographers", is generally considered the best for a complete beginner, with "Photoshop ELements 6 = The Missing Manual", by Barbara Brundage, a slightly more technical tome, perhaps more for those who've done a fair bit of computer photo editing.

This is a great forum, with experienced users who are very helpful, and Flickr is also useful both for inspiration and a lot of help = it has Groups for PSE generally and PSE6 in particular.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
My books collect dust, I am an experiential learner. Might I suggest you break it down to what are you trying to do first (you mentioned a pix adjustment...) and what would you like TO DO. Look through the threads or use the search feature and see what has already been asked and answered. If you can't find exactly your questions start a new thread describe what you are trying to do and I imagine withing a short time you will have some wise answers and even links. It's kinda like eating an elephant you have to start one bite at a time. I agree with trying some of Kimi's assignments that will give you a flavor of what you like to do and you can go from their. Don't be afraid to post questions.

Did I welcome you to the forum before? If not welcome to the forum, and the world of photoshopping
You eat ELEPHANTS???
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Welcome to the forum. I can only second some of the advice already given. Get a book, try some of the homework, challenges and tutorials, and read the forum. If you have a question, just ask and someone will be glad to help. I have learned so much just from the forum. Good luck and hopefully we'll be seeing some of your work soon.

Anita
:rotfl: elephants with or without Tabasco
8 posts Page 1 of 1