Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
my tool bar has moved and I can not get it back the way I like it. It needs to be expanded in to one long line of tools down the side of the elements work space. It is now a double row of tools. How do I expand it ? I have PSE5. I had this problem once before but can not remember how to do it. Senior moment I guess.
Tina B
I was really upset the first time that happened to me. To change it from 1 long single column, click and hold your cursor at the top edge and drag it to the right (that's probably what you did without knowing it). To get it back into 1 column, click and hold the top edge and drag it to the left - go all the way out of the frame if you wish. It should snap right back into its original shape.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Call me dumb, I still can't get it to move. I have clicked and dragged and the whole thing moves but it still stays small and a double row of tools. I did this once before but don't get it!!
Tina B
This is what I found, Tina

To get it back to a single row, just drag it close to the left edge of the screen and you'll see a shaded outline appear. Let go and it will dock back to a single row on the edge. Link to whole article

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselem ... oolbox.htm
Thank you Suzi this is what I needed to read. But I have grabbed and moved and grabbed and moved but nothing happens. I may have to reset when starting up and see if that helps.
Thanks for all the help. I will restart and try again.
Tina B
Try clicking BOTH buttons on your mouse and dragging Toolbar from the top "handle". That worked for me in PSE3. -- Merritt
Welcome to the forum, Merritt
Tina,
Did you solve your problem?
I think it may be due to a lower screen resolution. My guess is you need 960 pixels in height to get the toolbar on a single column.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Hi, Merritt.....welcome to the forum.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
What ever the issue was it resolved itself. I was just going to let it stay in a double row and live with it. I noticed lastnight that it was back to normal . The gremlins were here again. I still don't know what happened.
Tina B
10 posts Page 1 of 1