Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all-

I have PSE6 loaded on my desktop and my laptop computer. I installed these the same way but the laptop lists the file directories on the left hand side of the screen and I can't seem to change this setting. I do not want to see the directory tree since it uses up valuable screen space.

Does anyone know how to change the settings for this??
:help:
Pete
Hi Pete,

I assume you are talking about Windows Explorer?

Also want to know what operating system you are using.

Based on Windows XP and Classic folders, mine looks like this:

2008-09-01_112406.jpg
2008-09-01_112406.jpg (74.76 KiB) Viewed 1080 times

If you click on the X at the extreme right of the Folders panel, it closes and goes away.
John
I assume you're talking about an issue with Organizer????? I've got PSE 6 but have never even opened the Organizer, so this might not have any relevance. However, have you gone to View or Window in Elements and looked to see if you can un-check the directory?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Ah, that is possible also - in which case it ,might be to switch from Folders Location view to Date or whatever setting you are using on your other system.
John
Yes, I am talking about the Organizer. I have tried to switch the "View" settings with no success.

I will look at my Desktop settings tonight to see if I can find something.

I'll let you know what I find.

Pete
As already stated, you can switch from the 'folder' view to the 'date' view. To do this, click on the 'display' icon on the top right side of the screen and check date view. You also can reduce the width of the folder panel, but that is not what you want?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel-

It wasn't the "Date View" I wanted. but it is the "Thumbnail View" which was in the same drop down list.

Thanks for the help!! :thanks:

Pete
7 posts Page 1 of 1