Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Grrr, I'm so frustrated!!! I am trying to get images ready for blogging and am working on creating a watermark in Elements. I spent a long time last night, carefully following Scott Kelby's instructions for creating a watermark and it worked, although it was more transparent than what I liked. I left the program open including the watermark and several images. Wouldn't you know, this morning it won't work. The watermark he does is transparent letters, but now It shows up w/ a background. I don't even want to spend time figuring that out because I wasn't satisfied with it.

So then I created text that I liked for now, and just put that on the picture. Actually I think I could upload samples of what I'm talking about. I have a whole bunch of pictures open. Why can't I copy the text from one picture and paste it onto the next one? That would simplify things. Not only that, but now something else is wrong. When I try to type text on another picture, the letters stay incredibly tiny no matter what font size I use. I didn't knowingly change any settings. Any idea what's wrong?

More importantly, how could I more easily create a watermark that I could just add onto an image?

(The first picture has the invisible watermark in the bottom left corner. The second one is similar to what I'd like to create, but am having problems creating.)

Attachments

I don't know much about watermarking but if you saved your type layer as a psd or png the background should stay transparent.Make a new document and keep it transparent. Type what you want, then save as a psd. Then all you would have to do is drag in onto your image and postition it where you like. Another thing would be to make it a brush, then you can just brush it on.
If your type is too small, you need to up your resolution. Your pics probably come out of the camera at 72dpi. Change them to 300dpi and the letters should be bigger.

P.S. Have you looked at this?
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photos ... ermark.htm

If you have a lot of photos to watermark, you might consider looking for an action or commissioning someone to do one for you.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
As an alternative to making a brush, if you are working with a a watermark created from text and/or objects, you can simply keep your watermark as a PSD file and add it to other images. Just drag your watermark file from the photo bin onto your active image and it will be added as a new layer.

Watermark.jpg
Watermark.jpg (162.35 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

If you want your watermark to be somewhat transparent, make its color white, apply an Emboss bevel and change the blend mode to Multiply ... that produces the second example above. The first example is Normal blend mode.

This is what the "watermark file" looks like:

Watermark-File.jpg
Watermark-File.jpg (157.3 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

You want to keep the visibility of the background layer turned off. That's what allows you to add only the transparent layer when you drag it onto your image.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I sent you a PM. :biggrin:

let us know if you are using Elements or CS? I can give you my directions.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Okay, why do I not hang out on this board more? You guys are so nice and so helpful! I should be in bed and I'm too tired to try anything now, so maybe in the morning. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Kimmi_boo, sent you a pm in return, and I'm using Elements.
If you have a bunch of files to process at once, could also use the watermark feature in process multiple files. It would have to be in the same position on all the pics, though. Be sure to clear the watermark if process files that don't want it on later.
That's a great idea and just the kind of information I was looking for! I could probably do that at the same time I resize for web. Good to know.
Hi Christy

Check this thread for some ideas.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4012
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
9 posts Page 1 of 1