Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
23 posts Page 2 of 3
When the canvas resize box opens check relative. ...and after increasing canvas size, you can use the wand to select it and copy to own layer-add a bevel style and turn it into a frame.
Michel, would you still be willing to post some screen prints?

Many thanks-
James, I'm not sure I follow you..can you post some screen prints?

Thanks-
Here you go, hope this helps, forgive the spelling. Did this quickly. If you need more help give a holler. Click on the image to enlarge it.

My word! I always use the "Relative" resizing for canvas and adding either a percentage or a given number of inches - never even thought of measuring it!
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Is it wrong, Geoff, It is the way I have always done it!! Works for me
Nooooo! Not wrong, Suzi - in fact I'm sure you're doing it the proper way. I just never even thought of doing the measurements and calculations. In fact I tend to steer clear of figures - never been my strong point, although that's just a hangover from not learning it properly at school. Having said that, I took a bookkeeping and accountancy course at the age of 42 and was fascinated with it - and passed the exam with a distinction. Teachers - they either inspire or discourage.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
In my youth, Geoff, I was a wiz with numbers. Now I am lucky if I can do 2 + 2, lol
jspauld wrote: James, I'm not sure I follow you..can you post some screen prints?

Thanks-

Sorry take so long getting back. Was my weekend to work. Here's a screen shot of how I increase canvas size. This example will give a half inch white border all around the picture. After clicking ok, use the magic wand with contiguous checked to select the white border and press control+J to copy the selection to it's own layer. From there you can get even more creative and add textures,bevels, etc for a frame look. Hope this helps.
canvassize.jpg
canvassize.jpg (72.86 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Thanks for all your help guys& gals! :woohoo:

James, I was able to just do the canvas size steps and didn't do the Magic wand steps and got a border?

I wasn't quite sure what you meant by selecting the magic wand with the border? Why do that step?
23 posts Page 2 of 3