Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I am bit more advanced than beginner, but after upgrading from 2.0 version to 6.0 there are some things that keeps me confused:

How to set the image size in pixels?

There are every other unit available but pixels, any idea?

I am not sure because I never resize that way but I think you would have to use the crop tool set to pixels. OK, someone with more knowledge, help out here, please.

Welcome to the forum, great place to be.
Welcome to the forum!
Here is the help file for resizing:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopEl ... -7ef0.html

In your example, you show the present size of your pictures. You see the present size in pixels and the present size in mm if you keep it to a resolution of 72dpi. If you want to change it to another size in pixels, you have to check the 'resample' checkbox at the bottom. Then PSE will reduce or increase the number of pixels accordingly. Resampling obviously changes the quality of the image. If you don't resample you can change the output size in mm, inches, etc. which will change the image resolution accordingly. Imagine you are using a projector with a slide. You can enlarge it at different sizes (zooming), this will not change the slide resolution, you'll change the resolution of the image projected on the screen. Without resampling, what you are doing is like zooming on the slide.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thank You very much!

For some reason I was blind to find out, that when checking the resample checkbox, resizing by pixels becomes available.

I tried it before, but eye did not see the change in "dimensions in pixels" value boxes outlook.

Mystical and yet so embarrasing.

:thanks:
That happens to everyone... and if you ask, the answer will most certainly be useful for other users, they should thank YOU. :thanks:
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Nice to hear that, that there are people who finds answers to their problems at the same time...
6 posts Page 1 of 1