Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I created a new blank file.

I copy and paste a creation (ball) I made from a drawing program to Elements 5.

I then put this ball onto a photo by dragging it from the layers pallet to the photo but I get a white box behind the ball. How do I get rid of this white box so that there is nothing behind the ball. Just the ball itself.
I am stumped. :)
Make a new file, doesn't matter what background. Select the ball (and only the ball) and drag it onto your new file and it should sit on a new layer with a transparent background. Delete the background layer - you'll be left with just the ball, on a transparent background. Do NOT flatten or simplify. Save as either a GIF or PNG - (PSD or TIFF will work if you want to do further work, but not all programs recognise TIFFs with transparency). Saving as a GIF is easier via "Save for Web". PNG is best used for those occasions when you have a complex photograph that needs a transparent background but it makes a big file.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Geoff: Can't select just ball. the white background comes to.

Here is the ball I created in a free program I received years ago Corel Draw Classic V.8

I would like to get rid of the white around the ball. Please if you can help. :|
Can you tell us a little more...
Which version of Elements or CS are you using? I don't know what is the file format created in Corel Draw, but I assume you have been able to open it in your software and add it as a new layer in your layer palette?
If so, you can use the magic eraser set to contiguous to select and erase successively the white parts around the ball and in the eye.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
MichelB: :woohoo: thank you very much. that did the trick. :woohoo:
Is this an issue of dragging from the image palette to the viewing window instead of vice versa?? I know this is a problem with the newer PSE versions. Anybody with PSE6 or 7 here to check?

Edit: Oops! Glad you got it fixed!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
6 posts Page 1 of 1