Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
:help: Hi can anyone out there tell me how to go about masking certain parts of a photo in elements 5.I'm min and I love surreal photography as well as wild life.I think elements 5 is so cool and I'm one of those people who wants to run before Ican walk. Can anyone help me ?.
Welcome on the forum, Min :wave:
You are right, masking is a very important resource for Elements!
Elements offers masks in adjustment layers and solid color layers. Unfortunately, not so for common layers, so that you'll have either to install free add-ons for masks in normal layers, or learn the way to use an adjustment layer mask as a work-around.

Using a mask is simple in theory and practice: If you paint black in the mask, you are hiding those parts; with white, the parts show through; with grey they show with reduced opacity...

Do a search in the tutorials or resources sections of this forum. Other members will certainly give you links to tutorials; anyway please ask any question about this!

Edit:
Here is one:
http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.co ... orial.html
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
:thanks: Good Lord that has to be the quickest email reply I'v ever recieved.thank you so much, I will look up the site asap.many thanks. Up to now I'v just been dragging one photo on top of another and then rubbing out what I dont want from the background !,it's very time consuming,so cant wait to get to grips with a proper method.will let you know how I get on.
Welcome to the forum min.
Welcome to the forum, Min. Hope to see you here often.
Another place to get a layer mask plus a ton of extra tools for elements is here, there are over 40 different tools in this action set, cost is $13. But to me well worth it.

http://www.graficalicus.com/graffishop/ ... ucts_id=64
Welcome to the forum, Min.

Anita
Hello Min, Welcome to our forum.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Hello min, and welcome to our forum :wave:
Welcome, Min. You have come to the friendliest place with the friendliest people. Enjoy yourself. :wave:
Welcome Min!
10 posts Page 1 of 1