Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
8 posts Page 1 of 1
that I have my cover page made for the scrapbook. Questions have come up.

First though please check out my new scrapbook cover page and tell me if there is anything wrong. It is in my gallery and titled Digital Wildlife Scrapbook cover2 copy. :D

Now the questions for the continuing pages.
1. Do I keep the same background that I have for the cover?
2. If not, does each page change background or just the second page and then it stays the same?
3. How many pics should I put on each page?
I think you are doing a great job. :woohoo:
Michelle, it looks great. When I do books each page has a different background but that is me. Backgrounds are totally to your liking. Same goes with pictures, use as many or as little you like.
Hi Michelle, your cover looks great. However, you have not left any room for cover wrap. Your top left photo is going to wrap around and get cut off. The rule to remember is to not put anything important at least half and inch from the edge of the page. If your page is 11x8.5 then it should actually be made at 11.35x8.75 at least. I always do mine at 11.5x9 just to be safe. Where are you getting your book printed? I know PrestoPhoto gives you the option to have your front and back cover printed inside your book. However, PrestoPhoto does not offer the case wrap on the 11x8.5 book, that is why I am asking where you are having it printed. Check the specs on their site to make sure what their cover and page bleed requirements are so that nothing important gets cut off.

Oh and like Suzi, I do different backgrounds as well.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim: Thank you for the response. I haven't thought about the printing part of it as I am mainly making this to make a dvd slideshow later when complete. If I change my mind and do print I would probably just use my own printer, but if it comes out really good I would check locally if there is somewhere to have something like this printed. I will move the items away from the edge more just incase I do get it printed down the road. Under the image menu then resize and image size comes up it show document size as 10.027" x 6.667". Is this too small for printing? When I selected the photo for the background this is the size that Elements made automatically.

Your help is appreciated.

8-) I changed the name of my gallery so everyone would spell it correctly :bigwink: :P 8-) hint hint :D
Got it, Michele
Michele, I forgot I had seen a thread where you are doing a slide show. The size you have will print fine on your printer if you decide to print however, you will not find a scrap book or album of that size so you will just have the white of the album pages behind it. If you do have it printed down the road, you will have to crop the pages to fit the size book you do.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
:D OK suzib and AngelicKim: thanks for the spelling correction, :thumbsup: I wasn't expecting you to do it right away though, hope no hard feelings. I am just fussy when I see my name spelled wrong.

AngelicKim: OK for now I will leave it that size then. Thanks.
8 posts Page 1 of 1