Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
18 posts Page 2 of 2
cuckooca wrote: Sorry. I couldn't get hukari or MichelB's way to work with elements 5.

MichelB--I don't know how to move them to stacks so I couldn't figure your way out.

I mean selecting the layers in the layers palette like this:
layerPselect.jpg
layerPselect.jpg (41.6 KiB) Viewed 1607 times

The layers in light grey are selected. You can then use the menu : Image/rotate or resize or transform... and your edits will apply to all selected layers. Here I have 2 normal layers and a shape layer selected.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Here is a screen shot try this.
ctrl--click.jpg
ctrl--click.jpg (19.59 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
Judy's screeshot shows there are several ways to select (highlight) several layers:
- Ctrl Click makes you select layers individually
- click select the first layer, then shift click selects all active layers between two layers

Note that once you have your chosen layers selected, you only have to right click in any of the highlighted layers and chose 'link layers' so that they are linked, with the little chain icon at right of each one.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Michel thanks for adding the link part i have actually never used any linking of layers before. But i think i will now.
OK AngelicKim: thank you I undid the merge after repositioning just in case.
MichelB: Thank you for the screenshot and explaining your way. I am printing this out for future reference.
Ladybug: Thank you again for the screenshot.

I give you all hugs and heartfelt thanks for being so helpful for me today. Now I am pooped and must go make supper so will continue my scrapbook tomorrow :D
ladybug wrote: Michel thanks for adding the link part i have actually never used any linking of layers before. But i think i will now.

Well... I did know the principle, but never used it before. I'll use it now. Thanks Cuckooca for your question!
Michel B

Mes Galeries
MichelB.. you are welcome. It is funny how one simple question can get various answers and others learn new ways from that. I am so glad I could be of assistance LOL :rotfl: :)
Another way would be to highlight (ctl clk) the layers you'd like merged and then press ctrl, alt, shift, E. That will merge the layers into a new layer and leave the original layers separate. Just 'blind' the originals until you decide whether or not you need them.

There is always more than one way to do something (if we can remember).
18 posts Page 2 of 2