Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
18 posts Page 1 of 2
I am using a frame I downloaded and I have put pic into frame, but when I resize or rotate either the frame or the pic only one at a time move. How do I make them move at once? or should I leave it as is.
Hi Michele, if you want them to move together you have to merge the two layers together.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Michele, I think in PSE you can link the layers as well. Click on one layer, then CTRL click on the second layer. There should be a little symbol somewhere that looks like two chain links like this:

Aufzeichnen.JPG
Aufzeichnen.JPG (8.15 KiB) Viewed 1923 times

Click on that. Then the two layers should move at the same time. You can unlink them at any time by clicking one of the layers and clicking the links again. You can link any number of layers this way.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
hukari wrote: Michele, I think in PSE you can link the layers as well. Click on one layer, then CTRL click on the second layer. There should be a little symbol somewhere that looks like two chain links like this:

Aufzeichnen.JPG

Click on that. Then the two layers should move at the same time. You can unlink them at any time by clicking one of the layers and clicking the links again. You can link any number of layers this way.

I was trying several things, then tried your suggestion in PSE6. Ctrl clicking loads selection and does not seem to link the layers.
What I can do without merging the layers is moving them in the stack so that they are contiguous. You can click the down layer, then shift click the upper layer. They are all selected (highlighted) and you can rotate them. If it they are not in the correct order in the stack, you can move them back to the initial position. If they are not contiguous, you can toggle off the visibility of the layers which should not rotate, it will work also.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel, you need to CTRL click the layer, but not the layer thumbnail. Of course CTRL clicking the thumbnail will load the selection. You are entirely right.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I was able to Ctrl click on the first layer and with the ctrl button still down clicked on the 2nd one and it worked. I have pse4.
hukari wrote: Michel, you need to CTRL click the layer, but not the layer thumbnail. Of course CTRL clicking the thumbnail will load the selection. You are entirely right.

Yes !!!! :thanks:
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Another thought for CS or advanced elements users: would not it be useful to work on smart layers? It can be done in Elements with the 'Elements +' add-on. This would ensure keeping the best quality when resizing or transforming?
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Sorry. I couldn't get hukari or MichelB's way to work with elements 5.
hukari--I clicked the thumbnails in the layer palette and then the chain link thingy but nothing seemed to happen, they still moved separately.
MichelB--I don't know how to move them to stacks so I couldn't figure your way out.
ladybug-- your way didn't work either.
AngelicKim-- yours is the only way that worked for me. Can they be unmerged later on if I need to though?
Michele, if you saved your work then no. Put if you undo it before saving the .psd then yes. But all changes you made after undoing the merge will be lost. I would save the psd both ways so you have it for future use.

You could duplicate the image and frame layers. Merge one set together and turn off the eyes on the individual layers so that you have them for later and save that psd file.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
18 posts Page 1 of 2