Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
14 posts Page 1 of 2
HELLO Kimi_Boo and Suzib,well they do say two heads are better than one!.Ladies I have followed the steps you gave me Kimi,and although I have managed to download my choosen pic to my home page ,it isnt on this sight next to the messeges,any idea where I have gone wrong ?.I think it's only fair to mention I am the least I.T person you are likely to deal with girls. :oops:
Min, your avatar (pic next to name) can only be 100x100 pixels but no more than 16kb in size. Click the User Control Panel at the top of the site page and click profile tab, edit avatar. If you are uploading it from your web site, the dimensions still have to be the same as stated above. To make sure the image is the right size, do a web for web and make the dimensions 100x100. Click apply and then look below the image on the right. It will say the file size in kb. If it is not 16 kb or smaller, resize down again until it is

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi Angelic Kim,I'v done that hun,but my pic is not coming from a web site ,it's just coming from my j.peg pics on my computer,does that matter,?
It does not matter. Have you checked the size of your avatar? The suggestion from Kim is to 'save for web' which enables you to choose the dimension in pixels and the size in kb (16).
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Took me forever to remember how to merge these two threads but I finally got it. :woohoo: Min, please try not to start new threads on the same question. I t can be very confusing and hard to keep track of to help you.

Min, could you post your image here in the thread so we can see the size and help you further.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Angelica kim, sorry hun hope I'v replied the right way this time.I have gone back to my original pic and saved for web ,on screen the pic looks really bad,just larg pixels.I have invested in ''elements 5 for dummies'',I think I have lost the original pic for good as I have tried resizing it back again and cant.In the hope that it might turn out ok this end as it will be smaller I will see if it works,and I would post it to the thread If I only new how!!.dont worry I wont be beaten by this.Here goes.
Michelb.thanks for making that clearer hun.
Min, to post a photo to the thread, is easy. Click the Reply to post and below the text box you are typing in there is a tab that says Upload Attachments. CLick the tab, then it there is a blank box and Browse next to it. Click browse and find the photo on your computer, click ok then click the box that says "Add this file" Once the upload is finish you will see an option under the file that says "Place inline", click that then submit your post.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
here goes !!!,i can here the giggles from here :rotfl:
IMG_1153_edited-1.jpg
IMG_1153_edited-1.jpg (32.15 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
:woohoo: YES!!!! HA HA. you are a star hun.Ifeel like a proud mum.thank you
Way to go MIn. Let me see what I can do.

Ok, I see them problem. Even though you have the image at 100 x 100 px, the size is still 32.15 KB. It needs to be 16 kb or less. I did a save for web and now it is under 16kb. Right click on it and do save as.

min15kb.jpg
min15kb.jpg (5.26 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
14 posts Page 1 of 2