Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Now I have picked my shape to use under frames, but when I drag it over the picture I want to cut to that shape my pic is gone and only the frame is there. How do I get the pic back and cut to the design of the frame?

After reading the help menu in Elements 5 for this tool I did what it says but then everthing disappeared including my main background layer that my main pic was on and still no picture inside the frame. I must be doing something wrong.
Help
Michele, make sure you are using the right cutter tool. I had this problem before and I think you need to you a cutter that is solid black not one that looks like it is hollow in the middle. I will check and get back to you on that later but think that is the problem
Michele, I did this in elements 5, you have to make sure you use a solid black shape. Here is a screenshot, The heart was solid black shape the other shape was not. You can see what the two shapes will do. Hope this helps.
Make sure you are doing this on a duplicate layer, if not you will lose that layer and just have the shape.

Suzib: thank you for replying but I found the an answer to the same problem on this other board. http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16271. I reset the tool as that screenshot shows and now it did what I wanted it to you. Thanks. :)

Edit:I will keep your suggestion in mind too. I guess you were answering me again when I was typing this reply. :D
4 posts Page 1 of 1