Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
OK, this should be so simple, and I know it USED to work for me...

I'm trying to use the clone (or rubber) stamp tool to get rid of a distracting part of my background by cloning nearby background over it. So I select the clone stamp tool, set opacity to 100%, aligned is checked, all layers is checked. Oh, I'm using PSE6. I Alt Click the background that I want to use as the clone/replacement area, then I click and drag to try to paint over the distracting part, and nothing changes. What on earth am I doing wrong? I un-checked Aligned and then it worked, however it looked lousy because I do actually want the target spot to be aligned when I move my cursor. I'm using a basic brush, soft mechanical.

I tried to use the online PSE help, and can you believe there isn't even a section on the clone stamp tool? The background eraser instructions reference it, but that is it.

This is really frustrating.

EDIT - Hey! My mouse just stopped working. So I put new batteries in and guess what - that helps A LOT! :rotfl:

Courtney
LOL, so I can assume your problem is solved??
Courtney, one of the pitfalls of a wireless mouse!
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Yes, problem solved. :doh:

ha ha

Wireless is still a good thing.

Courtney
Welllllll,
Sure glad a new battery did the trick. I was all ready to launch into a lot of complicated... check this, check that, do this, etc none of which would probably work :biggrin:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
make sure you have aligned checked at the top.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I AM SO ,SO SO SO GLAD ,THAT THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO OTHER PEOPLE AS WELL!!! LOL
MIN.
7 posts Page 1 of 1