Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Folks every time I down size a pic,and this time I took it right down to only 500by 500pxls,I hit apply,check to see the size and on my screen is a lovely size little pic,so then I hit> OK,and behold a lovely little pic appears on the said thread,however......when I go to see my pic in all its' glory,it hasnt downsized at all!! and is still enormous,can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong or is it my nice new shiney computer :crying: .
MIN.
How are you resizing? Are you using "Save for web" or are you using "Image>resize>image size"? Not that it makes much difference, whichever one you use, you must save the new image after the resize routine. That is exactly what you have done ... created a new, smaller image. If you don't save your new image, you still have your old, original size image.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I save for web,then when I go to close the pic down in pse5 it asks .do you want to save changes made to jpeg.....and I click yes,because I have altered the size in save for web,I keep it as a very low number 1 jpeg,that has allready been flattened hun.
min.
Is PSE5 renaming it something you're not expecting? Check to see there isn't another file in your directory, the one with the small version.

Courtney
Hi,
When you "save for web" you're saving a "new" version of your image. Then, in PSE when you "save changes", you're saving the original, even though it really hasn't been changed by "save for web".

Probably you've got "save for web" saving to a different folder than your original. You could open an image is PSE, choose "save for web" then click "OK" and when the save dialog opens, look at the address bar at the top to see what folder you're saving to. You can then change your mind and cancel the save. You'll know what your "save for web" folder is.

I hope this is somewhere in the ballpark :D

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
my tidbit when i save for web i save it with the same name i just add web on the end.
Just a thought when you did a save for web when you changed the pixels did you click apply then save it with a new name. Hope this helps.
Save for Web is renaming your pictures. For example, if the original name of you file is This is My Picture.jpg, save for web is going to rename it This-is-My-Picture.jpg. Notice the dashes in between each word now? And when you are done with the save for web, you are back to your original picture with its original name. You now have 2 files. And when you close the original, it is going to ask if you want to save any changes, but if all you did was create a saved for web version, the original is untouched. Which is as it should be!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Whenever I use save for web, the saved file is placed in the My Documents folder - regardless of where the image opened in PSE is located. Can't remember if i ever set any preference for that to happen or if it always puts it into My Documents waiting only for you to make a change.

Look in My Documents and see if you can find the "small file"

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
That appears to be it folks,Ihave in fact done it correctly, I'm just not looking in the right place for the resized version,my pic in pse5 is still4000x4000,and the one I found as bold as brass in documents laughing at me was 500x500.so hopefully it should now appear here ?
chases-very-own-world.jpg
chases-very-own-world.jpg (11.35 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
THANK YOU EVERYBODY :doh: :doh: :doh: .
MIN :woohoo:
10 posts Page 1 of 1