Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi ,everyone,If anybody out there knows of anything that I could of done on the techno side of things to improve the appearance of this pic could you please let me.Dont forget I only have pse5,
the face needs darkening down,but it's the effect of the face pushing out of the clouds that I am after,much appretiated.
min.

Attachments

Well, Kimi's last homework assignment, no. 52, will punch it up some.

cloud-man.jpg
cloud-man.jpg (67.19 KiB) Viewed 2375 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty,it's made the sky a lot darker in your' version,wich is'nt really what I wanted,but will play around with the tut,perhhaps if I try and mask of the sky so it only effects the face,.Will give it a go this evevnig,thanks hun.
min.
Hi Min, here is what I would do. Duplicate you cloud face layer, on the first face layer do a gaussian blur. Use the perspcetive tool and drag the left corners in slightly, then drag it out of the edge of the page. This is going to give the back of the face a fade in effect. Then on duplicate layer of the face use the dodge tool on the areas that you want the detail to show more. You will have to play with the midtones and exposure levels to get what you like. I did the below preview in CS3 just to give you an idea of what I am talking about. I haven't figured out how to do perspective in it yet so that part of mine won't look as good as your result will. Perspective in PSE5 is an option I think under the Image option on the tool bar. This option isn't available in CS3.

minmancloud.jpg
minmancloud.jpg (36.4 KiB) Viewed 2354 times

OH, I forgot. You can also reduce the opacity on the blurred layer to get the look you want to. And use the blur tool on the left edge of the face layer to make it blend better.

What you are going for with the blurred layer is something similar to the back side of the mustang in this image in my gallery
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/659706/19876

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
thanks hun will give your' suggestion a try it's close to what I am trying to get.My aim was the water effect like in the film 'the abbis' and the sand face in ''the mummy'' ,have had a look at your' car [neat pic].
min.
Karen, I love the movie The Abyss. I have seen The Mummy and trying to remember the sand face scene. Sounds like a great a effect once figured out. I will think on it more and hopefully someone else has suggestions or knows of a tutorial.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Are you looking for something more like this?

abysssandface.png
abysssandface.png (48.93 KiB) Viewed 2304 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I'd use that image, add some Gaussian Blur, then make a selection of the face only, with some feathering. From that I would make a Brush (Edit > Define Brush from Selection), and then try dabbing it, in white, on the background image. I'd try the different modes in the Brush Options to see which one was best (probably Overlay) and use very low opacity. Dab a few times in the same spot until the face is built up.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Thanks for the input Geof and Kim, fits not so much the drag at the back ,but the illusion of the face/object pushing through the background,but keeping all the background colours,if you've seen the films you will know what I mean ,as you have Kim. It's just something I am hooked on at the moment ,don't ask me why ? :doh: .
REGARDS
MIN. :thumbsup:
It's just hit me,it's Rustys fault!.he showed a pic of a wooden carving on one of the theads and I commented on his gallery that it would look great looking down at some peolpe from the sky,I think it's been hanging around in my head..how would I do that?...,.lol.
min.
14 posts Page 1 of 2